I call them and tell that I have no clue how to come down from my top floor. Guys answer: "The most important thing now is you have not to be nervous, everything is clear, we will excogitate something soon. Just take a rest at the moment and breathe deeply". There is nothing left for me to do but light up a cigarette. I am smoking and relaxing. I even did not finish smoking and – Oh, my God! – the elevator is running! I quickly go down in it and my phone is ringing:
- This is MIG "EMERGENCY ASSISTANCE". Dear Sir, the elevator should be supposedly running here.
- Yeah! It has been running by now, all good, I’m already on the ground floor!
- Well, that is nice! Anytime if you need!
I am driving to work, but the one thought is on my mind: "How did they do this?!"The result is that curiosity prevails and I call MIG again:
- Firstly, guys, thanks again! Secondly, I am frightfully sorry about probably awkward question, but how did you succeed in dealing with the elevators so rapidly? Are you in control of absolutely all municipal-domestic services?
The answer amazes by its sincerity and simplicity (in a good sense):
- Frankly, we did nothing unusual. We found out the dispatcher’s number, called there in and used "police slang" to explain that there was one significant man who could not come down from the top floor at a definite address because elevators were not running for some reason. And this person, by the way, is late for an important meeting. And it will be better if you do not even know who is he to sleep easily afterwards. So, you need to think up something there, and the elevators must be running as soon as possible. We are sending Rapid Response Team over there for providing possible assistance in process acceleration to make your work speedy. And then we hung up the phone. Typically, in dispatcher’s office employees are cold-minded, but at the same time have a supernatural feeling of potentially unnecessary problems. Who was on the phone? Who was that man? What kind of Rapid Response Team? It does not really matter! They made if fast, likely switched something and the elevator was running! Everyone is happy and no one seems to be on losing side, as a result. Genius and simple! Coincidence? Maybe. Nevertheless, I will have a great mood for a long time after that situation. This is a real help. Why not "EMERGENCY"? :)))